Blending explained in 5 minutes


 


In this video I am painting this Mandalorian bust to explain the best ways to blend on your miniatures. Whether you are painting warhammer miniatures or any other miniatures, blending is something that will push your miniature painting to another level.


When I started painting warhammer, I basically just drybrushed my space marines and called it a day. I move on to mainly highlighting the edges and shading the recesses, but now, I also know how to build volume using blending on my miniatures. Blending will truly move your miniature painting to another tier - not only will you be able to paint some volume on your models, but also it is necessary to paint non metallic metal. Whatever miniature you are painting, creating some volume and depth to the miniature will certainly help it quite a bit and that is when the blending comes.


Here I am showing you my 3 favourite ways to blend on a miniature. On this Mandalorian bust I have used stippling, wet blending and glazing. While wet blending is useful to creating some basic color gradients on the miniature, you wll find that you will need some additional layers of glazing to truly make it a smoothly blended transition. Glazing is probably the most precise blending method for your miniatures, but at the cost of your time. Stippling, on the other hand, can be quick and precise, but can damage your brushes.

Link

Комментарии